Sunday, November 17, 2013

You Respond: 7 Words for the 7th Day

It's the 7th day of the 30-Day Keep-Your-Cool Challenge, and I want to try something different.  I'd like to challenge YOU.  If you've been participating in the Challenge or just reading my posts from time to time out of curiosity, I'd like to hear from you!

Don't worry; I'm not asking much: Just 7 words for the 7th day.  I'll even give you 7 ideas, one idea based on each day.  Pick one, and add your comment below in 7 words or less!

Day 1: I prayed for more patience.  I committed to try to make it 30 days without losing my temper and yelling, especially at my 3-year-old daughter.

7-Word Idea #1: Does this Keep-Your-Cool Challenge ring true for you?  Tell how or why.

Day 2: I prayed specifically for love on Day 2.  I sought to extend grace to my daughter, who is only three years old after all.  I explained my tendency to let "the wrongs" build up, so that I lose my temper more easily than I should over minor frustrations.

7-Word Idea #2: "Love keeps no record of wrongs" comes from 1 Corinthians 13: What part of 1 Corinthians 13 is hitting home for you?

Day 3:  JOY.

7-Word Idea #3: What about your child or other significant person in your life brings you joy?

Day 4: The enemy of peace.  For me, the enemy of peace in my life is busy-ness and screen time/background noise.

7-Word Idea #4: What's the enemy of peace in your life right now?  Or, how are you fighting back?

Day 5:  On Friday, I had "Great is Thy Faithfulness" in my head all day.  All day long, I was reminded of times in my life when God has been faithful.

7-Day Idea #5:  When have you seen God's faithfulness in your life?

Day 6: Speaking of faithfulness... my I Heart Baking Soda story was really just one more example of God being faithful in my life.  And it was also kind of a funny story.

7-Day Idea #6: Tell me a story.

Day 7: That's today!

7-Day Idea #7: Your choice. I'd just love to hear from you. :) 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

With new baby, everybody needs adjustment time! (for #1).

Jess said...

I wonder if it's an adjustment year. ;)