Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fast 5: Being Mom

1.  It's possible for me to spend hours accomplishing absolutely nothing of value just by walking from room to room and cleaning whatever mess I spot in my peripheral vision.

2.  I relish the moment when Child #1 finally FINALLY finds a way to entertain herself... a few minutes later, I start to worry about what she's up to because it's Just. Too. Quiet.

3.  When I changed my baby's up-the-back blowout this morning, I noticed his pajamas were coated with dog hair even though we actually vacuumed within the past 48 hours (victory!).  It reminds me of why I don't dress my children in fleece when we'll be going out in public.

4.  I suddenly realize I'm like a talking Magic-8 Ball.  I shake my head and out pop relevant, helpful phrases such as "No more buts." and "Because I said so." and "1... 2..........."

5.  I planned to get groceries very early this morning before my husband left work.  I didn't.  It's now 10:50 am.  The baby has been napping for an hour and a half and the preschooler is taking a time out (I got to "3").  It's actually been a really long time out, and it occurs to me that it's Just. Too. Quiet. Again. And by the way, tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  Wait, the baby is awake... and Go!



1 comment:

Tansasser said...

#4 is hilarious! Will you ask it when I might get a break? Nah, it would probably just say, "No luck."

:-)

Good luck at the grocery store. May the Force be with you.